English Bulldog Hip Replacement Surgery Hip Dysplasia In Dogs.... Preventative Care?

Hip Dysplasia in Dogs.... Preventative Care? - english bulldog hip replacement surgery

Hello. My 1.5 years old American Bulldog (80 pounds, the high rate of non-) British Bulldogs, has hip dysplasia, the limit for a hip, and moderated by the others. This seems to be received on an X-ray a few weeks ago broke the anterior cruciate ligament and has since been repaired through surgery ... and dysplasia of the hip was discovered at the time, but no problems or pain. I wonder, since we know realistically and to talk to cause problems in the future (but you never know fingers crossed *), what we can do now to prevent hip dysplasia, the lame, or otherwise cause problems in the future? I want my child a long life. I would be devastated if there is a point where he can not walk at an early age and should be deleted. My goal is to GEit last year and if the hip dysplasia is a major problem, at least he lived an old man! I will begin, fish oil and glucosamine every day and always as a first step. Is there anything we can do at home? Hip replacement is very expensive and is not an option for us than most people. I know some are surgeries available that are cheaper and can be a solution on the road ... I know what we are doing now to prevent this from becoming a problem is serious. What is your experience? What have you done successfully with a dysplastic dog? Please do not tell me a dog that does not, I'm very angry ... I know it is possible, I would not be in a deep depression about it. I love my dog wAnt to live with his years, he should go. :) Xoxo Thank you in advance.

3 comments:

walking lady said...

Glucosamine and Chondroitin fish oil is a good start. It is also necessary to prevent the decline - without extra weight. Do not leave him much running or jumping. And acupuncture is another option that allows you to stay pain free. You can also use Google Tellington Touch and show you how. There are many different keys for a number of things, one of which is used to help control pain.

However, it is best to ask your vet for advice, what is best for your dog.

Troll Police Dogs said...

I want to talk to your vet about health care. In addition, large dogs are too often behind the very old. Nearly 10 years is the maximum for large dogs.

tigerlil... said...

The reader has recommended the acquisition of The Missing Link Plus for feeding our dogs. I have not bought, because I forget, and I found the best deal. bring into PetSmart and other places, I'm sure you will find it for less online. should contribute to the joints.
Good luck to you and your sweet doggie!

Post a Comment